Applying to PURC
The PURC Application is only available online. Applications are not accepted by mail or in person. In order to have the most competitive application, please read through the application requirements thoroughly and follow all stated directions.
*Please note, when submitting your application online, any text that goes over the 1,200 character limit will be cut off. If you are using cut-and-paste to insert your abstract into the application, make sure it is within the limit. Applications will be evaluated based upon the submitted abstract and may not be as competitive if the text is incomplete.
- There is a $30 per group application fee. Please note that as this is an application fee, this fee is non-refundable even if your presentation is not accepted.
- Applicants can submit application fees online using a major credit card or an electronic check (eCheck).
- We do not accept checks or money orders.
- Application Open: January 2021
- Application deadline: February 2021
- Acceptance notification: Late March 2021
- Presentation times announced: Mid April 2021
- Event Date: TBD (early May 2021)
Due to recommended CDC guidelines regarding public meetings of 50+ attendees, the 29th Annual 2020 UCLA Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference has been cancelled in person for May 1. We are currently working with our business office to issue refunds of application fees, but we ask that you remain patient as we navigate this process. The review of abstracts for acceptance will still be continued and we plan to notify accepted projects so that you may still list acceptance of your project abstract on a CV, etc.
There will be a published booklet of accepted projects and abstracts that we plan to upload digitally on our website, so please check for updates. We are also currently exploring the possibility of virtual conference presentations and will be in touch regarding that as well. We hope that you are all able to stay safe and healthy. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions.